A couple of weeks ago, I decided to make some visual changes to my Mac and make it more personalized. I started by changing the desktop background which was set to default ever since I had purchased this computer.
After changing the desktop background, customizing the dock, and revamping the login screen, I still felt like something was missing until I realized how old my folders looked. The default folder icons in Macs are in a beautiful shade of blue. However, after so many years, they could honestly use a change.
That’s when I started looking for a folder colorizing app and found Folder Colorizer for Mac. Developed and published by Softorino, Folder Colorizer for Mac is your one-stop solution to colorizing and customizing the default folder icons in Mac. This app lets you transform your folders in four super fun ways. With Folder Colorizer for Mac, you can:
- Colorize your folders
- Add emojis to your folder icons
- Add decal stickers to your folder icons
- Add image backgrounds to your folder icons
That’s right. It offers you not one, two, or three, but FOUR ways to transform your folders. Let’s take a look at some of my favorite features in Folder Colorizer for Mac.
Table of Contents
- Cross system compatibility that keeps the style of your new folders across multiple computers and systems.
- Customize multiple folders at once and apply changes to all your Mac folders.
- Use Magic AI tool to automatically assign a color, emoji, decal, and image background to your folders without having to pick one on your own.
- iCloud and Shared folders compatibility allows you to maintain the style of your newly customized folders across iCloud and Shared folders.
- 1 trillion combinations of emojis, colors, decals, and image backgrounds that you can create for your folders.
- Smart Search feature lets you use the search bar to look for any color, emoji, decal, or image background.
- The Revert to original feature lets you restore the default folder color any time you want.
- History of every step is stored so you can view all the changes you make.
- Color Picker Panel lets you choose over 18 decillion colors for your folders.
PROS AND CONS
|1. Super Fast App||1. Does not allow to use personal pictures as folder backgrounds|
|2. User Friendly Interface|
|3. Simple to Use|
|4. 4 Ways to Customise a Folder|
|5. Free Trial – Cancel Anytime|
|6. No Ads|
|7. Buit in Magic AI Feature|
|8. Great Value for Money|
How to Use Folder Colorizer for Mac?
Let’s take a look at how Folder Colorizer for Mac works and how it lets you change your folder icons easily. Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Download and Install Folder Colorizer for Mac
Download and install Folder Colorizer for Mac. In order to use the app, you will need to activate your free trial. You will be prompted to enter your email address. Once you enter your email address, you will instantly get an email from the Softorino team with the activation code for free trial. Use this code in the app to activate your free trial.
Step 2: Drag and Drop Folders
To select folders that you want to customize, drag and drop them into Folder Colorizer for Mac. Alternatively, you can click on the “+” option in the left sidebar to manually select folders.
Step 3: Colorize!
To colorize your folder icons, click on the “Colors Gallery” in the top toolbar. You will see over 30 color options to choose from. Click on any one of them to apply the color to your selected folder(s). You will be able to see the changes in real-time in the left sidebar.
If you don’t find your favorite color in these 30 presets, you can click on the “Color Picker Panel” in the top toolbar to create any color of your choice.
After colorizing your folder(s), you can also add an emoji to your folder icon(s). Select “Emojis Gallery” from the top toolbar and pick an emoji that reflects the contents of your folder.
You can also add a decal sticker to your folder icon(s). Select “Decals Gallery” from the top toolbar and pick a sticker that reflects the contents of your folder.
You can also add an image background to your folder icon(s). Select “Images Gallery” from the top toolbar and pick an image background that reflects the contents of your folder.
Use AI Magic Tool for Automatic Customizations
Folder Colorizer for Mac comes with a Magic AI tool that automatically picks out a relevant color, emoji, decal sticker, and image background for your folder by reading the folder names. This eliminates the need for you to manually choose a color, emoji, decal sticker, or image background for your folder(s).
Click on “Perform Magic Algorithm” in the top toolbar to see personalization options suggested by the AI algorithm based on your folder name.
You can either buy Folder Colorizer for Mac individually or under Softorino’s Universal License that gives you access to over 16 apps by the company. You can find the rates for each type of license below:
- Individual license: $9.95 per month billed monthly, $35.04 billed annually, or $300 forever with a one-time payment.
- Universal license: $35.04 for a one-year license.
Overall, Folder Colorizer for Mac is one of the best folder customization apps available on the internet today. It is an incredibly user-friendly app that gives you four options to personalize your folder icons. The interface is really smooth and fast. So it’s definitely worth it to try out Folder Colorizer for Mac.